Sister Megan Eliason

Sister Megan Eliason

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I am so privileged to take on such a sacred responsibility to help bring others unto Christ."

Goin' to Cape Verde! Can't wait!

Me and Sister Haycock, Whaddupp?

This is Kenzie Ogletree, a family friend from my early days growing up in Texas. She teaches at the MTC!


Ola minha familia e meus amigos!

How goes it? Haha... So I sure hope y'all embraced every little bit of last week's email because that's probably the most you will hear from Sis Eli her whole time out in the mish field. Totes joking...well sort of, haha. It sounds like good ole Cabo Verde just don't gots lots goin' on over there internet wise. but we shall see in due time. Meanwhile, I don't have to worry about that because the good ole MTC is the place I call home for the next 4ish weeks. Weeeirrrd that I've already been here dois semanas. Holy cowzerzzz. 


So Dad, haha, to answer your blessed bullet points yes, I HAVE as a matter of fact taken Sister Johnson to the rack and it felt perty dang good. In my sick neon nikes and all. they probably blinded her so that's where the advantage came in. Go Sis Eli. gotta use the only tools ya still got left... Ha an elder did comment that I had a Harlem Globetrotters type finish and sick assist the other day so that was sweet! 

And THANK YOU for the package ha we have been freezin' our little missionary buns here ha. It's definitely not Cabo Verde status weather here right now. Def getting into them autumn/winter months but OMG the leaves are GORG, It's the cutest little view you ever did see. And going to the temple? It's amazazazingggg. Speaking of which we are going in a couple of hours. Ha going to the temple is like RECESS, it's the best part of the day. Us sisters wish we could just do every single session every single day. the peace and happiness we feel as we leave every time is unreal. Fave, fave, fave part of p-day. 
This past week ha to be honest was suuuper long so the days just kind of all mesh together. Can't even pick them apart really, but I am definitely learning lots and lots. Retaining? trying to. Ha we set a goal as a district to have an English fast (SO STRAIGHT UP PORTGUESE) every Thursday until we leave. And me and my roomies are gonna try and pull an English fast all of next week so yeah prayers in my behalf are muchly appreciated. Sis Eliason is definitely going to be calling upon the powers of heaven haha. 

I super love my district though ha it's funny how fast you become fam. We are already at times getting impatient with one another because we basically are shacked up with one another every day in class for like 24 hours but it's great. I'm really gonna miss these guys (I mean elders and sisters) when we leave here in a few weeks. Totes friendships that'll last for a long time. 

I have to run but I want to let y'all know that this mission is already changing me and molding me into the missionary heavenly father needs me to be. We've had all kinds of fantab speakers come and there has def been a common theme. This mission is not ours. This gospel is not ours. This is not OUR message to teach. this is the LORD's work and we are his messengers. 

I am so privileged to take on such a sacred responsibility to help bring others unto Christ. I don't know if I mentioned this in the email last week or not but we as missionaries truly are the version of the Lord walking the earth in these latter days because He can't be here with us. We are representatives of Jesus Christ. think of how AWESOME that is! and guys I aint just talkin' about me. We are ALL representatives of Christ whether we own a tag that proves it or not. 

In Alma we read about our purpose here in life which is "a time to prepare to meet God"... the time is nigh folks. We need to do everything in our power to find those who haven't had the opportunity of hearing this great message and SHARE it gosh darnet. Haha. Sorry I don't know if sis missionaries can get that passionate but wouldn't we rather, when it comes time for judgement day to say we did ALL we could to help share this beautiful message with our brothers and sisters. He wants us to come back home. We need to find those who aren't aware of their purpose and help bring them home with us to our father in heaven. 

Don't be afraid to open your mouths. We're mormons. We know it. We live it. And we love it. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! And please write me and I will do my best to get back to ya but if not we can always have a virtual hug via email! 

THE CHURCH IS TRUE. EU SEI QUE O EVANGELHO E VERDADEIRO!

Sista E
Over & Out

No comments:

Post a Comment